In 2013, I had a kidney transplant. After 10 or so years, my organ graft has failed and I am back on hemodialysis.

Friday, August 2, 2013

From my wife and donor, Ninette... Selfless love

To our family and friends, This is Ninette. I wish to thank you for the continuing prayers and support you have given Larry the past days. I am overwhelmed by the pouring of love and concern.
Larry is getting out of ICU today and transferring to a regular room. His vital signs are ok, though he has to be monitored very closely for any sign of infection. His heart condition has to be given full attention- his heart rate is still irregular due to a lot of factors, low calcium, hemoglobin (he lost a lot of blood due to the two operations he underwent last Friday after the transplant), and the anti-rejection meds he is taking.  
His new kidney even if it is still recovering from the trauma of these two operations, is definitely asserting its presence in its new home! His urine flow and crea level is improving.
I am doing ok. I am now recovering at home. I can move about and the pain from the incision
site is tolerable.
There are still many medical challenges facing Larry the next days, or probably weeks.
His is now getting a full dose of immunity-suppresants as part of the anti-rejection phase.
How his body will respond remains to be seen.
It is scary when I think about it. For most of my life I have been used with dealing with
mathematical preciseness and certainties, this is something beyond my control. I have to trust
Larry's doctors and the NKTI staff (who have been so generous of themselves the past days)
and lift everything to God- hindi nya kami pababayaan.
To our friends - we wont be this strong if not for your support. Thank you for continuing to pray for Larry.
To Larry, hang on there my best buddy! Remember, love will see us through and we can overcome all of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment