In 2013, I had a kidney transplant. After 10 or so years, my organ graft has failed and I am back on hemodialysis.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

It's been a year... and what a year it has been

July 25 marked my 1st year kidney transplant anniversary. And it has been a long way since I started this page to document and share this experience. From being diagnosed of ESRD in January 2013, the months on Hemodialysis, the work up procedures and the snags along the way, the pre and post transplant nightmares, to the slow and steady recovery. Yes, it has been a year... And what a year it has been.

These past few days, I tried to read everything posted on this little corner. They reminded me of the primal reason for starting this blog; I was scared and this was my way of coping. To gather courage to face it, I had to educate myself about the disease. I am no expert but experience taught me a lot. I was so scared but somehow, also never lost hope.

There is nothing in my heart but gratitude to everyone. The support you gave, lent or showed, all contributed to the continued life I enjoy today. From persons closest to me, to colleagues and friends... even casual friends. The tremendous love and outpouring support and prayers I felt and continue to feel make my eyes water with ineffable joy everyday.

I'd like to name all of you but I know this list will never be complete. But I assure you, YOU ARE ALL THIS LIST. I owe today to all of you. 

Robynne, Kuya Noel, Mommy Pilaring, Pica, Claudette, Nanang Liling and Vangie, Uno, Elgee and Ben, Drs Sy, Celestial, Simangan, Patron and Rigor, Fred, Frs Ari, Johnny, Ben, Eko, Tony and the ADMU and XS Jesuit Community, Reggie and the other blood donors, the ADMU and XS Community, The Peñas, The De Las Peñases, Lysil and Louren, my former Hemodialysis classmates, NKTI nurses and staff, PCSO, Kevin, Ninette's colleagues in the ADMU Math Dept, UP Math friends and XS NExT's supermen and women, The Nonos, XS Batch 2003, The Coyiutos, The Revitas, and to all of you.

To Ninette, who has given all her love.

And to God for this miracle.  



Maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat.

No comments:

Post a Comment