In 2013, I had a kidney transplant. After 10 or so years, my organ graft has failed and I am back on hemodialysis.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Live from National Kidney and Transplant Institute

This is the eve of the transplant procedure. The doctors told us we are ready. We feel we are; physically, emotionally and spiritually. But that doesn't mean that we are fearless. As the hours diminish toward the 7:00am schedule, my fear increases. I do not know how Ninette is coping. We are isolated from each other in separate hospital rooms. Maybe writing this is my way of coping.

The past 3 days were spent to dull my immune system. I took more than 40 pills a day. And I felt the effects; elevated BP, warm feeling but no temperature while feeling cold outside, drowsy, frequent naps but no long sleep, slurred speech, stammering, some mild hallucinations. 

But we're a GO! Will update as soon as I can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment